Child Pornography Laws in Maryland
According to the Maryland Law and code section 11-207, which governs the child pornography or related matters, a person isn’t allowed to:
- cause, induce, solicit, or knowingly allow a minor to engage as a subject in the production of obscene matter or a visual representation or performance that depicts a minor engaged as a subject in sadomasochistic abuse or sexual conduct;
- photograph or film a minor engaging in an obscene act, sadomasochistic abuse, or sexual conduct;
- use a computer to depict or describe a minor engaging in an obscene act, sadomasochistic abuse, or sexual conduct;
- knowingly promote, advertise, solicit, distribute, or possess with the intent to distribute any matter, visual representation, or performance:
- that depicts a minor engaged as a subject in sadomasochistic abuse or sexual conduct; or
- in a manner that reflects the belief or that is intended to cause another to believe, that the matter, visual representation, or performance depicts a minor engaged as a subject of sadomasochistic abuse or sexual conduct; or
- use a computer to knowingly compile, enter, transmit, make, print, publish, reproduce, cause, allow, buy, sell, receive, exchange, or disseminate any notice, statement, advertisement, or minor’s name, telephone number, place of residence, physical characteristics, or other descriptive or identifying information for the purpose of engaging in, facilitating, encouraging, offering, or soliciting unlawful sadomasochistic abuse or sexual conduct of or with a minor.
Defending Child Pornography Charges in Maryland
Violating any law regarding child pornography will cost a person heavy penalties and longer imprisonments. The consequences of being involved in child pornography are very destructive and also for the future. In past few years, the consequences and the penalties have become even more serious and harsh in Maryland. If the offense is severe, the outcome will be harsh fines and even lengthier imprisonments. Sentences and penalties will lead a person to register as a sex offender, whether in state court of the federal court. Contacting a state lawyer for the federal court isn’t a right thing, you need to hire a federal lawyer for the federal court who know the decorum and the federal court environment. You can easily find a state lawyer in your city and in your nearby areas which will guide you better in your case, in forensic team investigation, in the police investigation and another court. Although, the lawyers are expensive as per their experience and you have to look for an attorney which you can afford. If you or anyone in your surroundings seeking a lawyer for such case then you might not take too much time to know one. State lawyers are feasible to reach, and the consultation is free. Any lawyer with whom you are going to work will plan strategy and a defense plan for your case and help you better.